Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thursday's Thoughts

Before my thoughts, however, I would like to reflect upon the Battle of the Bands. It pretty much rocked my world, considering that we were exposed to so many people who didn't attend the sweat dance. I was finally able to play a rockin' piano song, One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces by Ben Folds Five. It was a good experience that taught me a lot, not only experience in playing live music, but also what it means to put on a good show; one that entertains and excites people that are watching you perform and play your instrument with absolute enthusiasm. The roads were extremely slick that night. Black ice was everywhere, which is great for sliding around the driveway with yourself, but when it comes to your car, it's probably not that great of an idea. And especially when you're driving my car, you become a hollywood stunt driver. Which, I guess, isn't that bad. In fact, now that I have drawn one conclusion about driving in icy conditions and how dangerous it is, I will proceed to contradict myself by saying it rocks being a hollywood stunt driver. So if you know what you're doing (like I do... did... will?) go for it. (Forewarning: Note that the text that follows is not knocking anyone down, it is merely an attempt to poke fun at life online, as I am being purely sarcastic in my remarks. If you have the slightest inkling about what my personality is like, you would have already realized that conclusion. For those of you who don't know me and are offended by this entry, please don't email me saying how many eggs you will use on my car tonight. I already know the answer is three.) So back to my thoughts. It has come to my attention that an inferior journaling website, known as www.xanga.com, is pretty much the hang out place of every junior in high school that I could possibly name. They write in their "journals" (don't point out that I am doing the same presently) and they leave comments like, (1) "HI KYLE!!!!! NICE POST!!!! IT WAS SO ENTERTAINING I ALMOST READ ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!#!@!" and (2) "hey, i gtg because im rotfl while brb cya l8ter. c/m b/c idk" and (3) "<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 border=0> var img_str1="";img_str1=""; var result_str1=""; <TBODY> <TR> <TD>". Okay, this where I analyze these three comments. They were numbered for your convenience. First of all, turn your caps lock off, I'm sure it's not stuck down by super glue or some atomic force that refuses to let the atoms in the key raise itself from the keyboard. Secondly, this is not instant messenger. You can post actual comments in when reading somebody's blog... er.. (z)anga. Put some thought into it. Lastly, that is, comment number (3), is just a either a horrible attempt to paste something into the message box, or just pathetic knowledge of HTML. Nice try. And as a side note, I believe blogger was the original wasn't it? (Don't correct me if I'm wrong, I want to think my point is valid.) And what is up with these eprops, the "currency of good will", as quoted from the website. This is the worst scam since the National Honor Roll. Currency of good will? I'm not even going to comment on this. I know there are about fifty good jokes I could put in place of this sentence, but currency of good will? I'm lmao gtg bbl jk right now. Anyway, those are my opinions of this online journal posting. And I know you're saying, "But Matt, you are going against your philosophy of posting journals! You are divided against yourself on this issue. I am reading what you wrote in an online journal!" First of all, my philosophy isn't going against the posting of online journals. My philosophy is to watch Napoleon Dynamite and 24 until my eyes fall out of their sockets. So there. Plus I'm twelve years older than all of you. Now to my other thoughts. Spectrum Singers continues to make me more and more tired in the morning. Although today I woke up and wasn't that tired. I found that reading for an hour before sleep helps. I picked up The Silmarillion up at 8:30 and was asleep by 2200 hours. Sweet. I hope this trend continues for me. As I have engraved in your minds, I have three or four off periods every day. Today for the first time, I went to the "library" in our school. I picked up a photography magazine and read for forty-five minutes. I really need to read more, and not spend so much time online. So I am going to come to a close, since this entry is getting both long and boring, but also because I must now wait by my car with a shotgun the whole night. -Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, this is Sierra Falter. Remember me?
Randomly found your link in some guy's xanga journal and I did not realize you were in a band. I haven't seen you in ages!
We should definitely hang out before we leave for college.
Anyways, hopefully you remember me, b/c otherwise this comment will just really creepy to you.
my email: sierrafalter@hotmail.com
aim: dullsunset

Anonymous said...

haha, i enjoyed it greatly.

sierra- hey it's kari from oracle... haha. can i please be a friend of yours on lj? (sigh)
are you taking oracle independent study? everyone's leaving...

well, matt, hope you're coming to oranjesta tonight!

-kari