Friday, February 18, 2005

Where do I begin?

I guess I didn't realize how much I have become attached to my blog. So much stuff has happened in the last ten days, I don't know what to write about. Hopefully I can write more often to achieve the maximum sarcasm factor. Last weekend was our Spectrum trip to Ijoboko, meaning Okoboji, Iowa. This seriously rocked. Now this is difficult to write about, because I can only see many boring paragraphs about how much fun it was for me. So I will keep it blunt (or at least try to). I was rooming with four other guys, and by chance we were given the crappiest room of them all, complete with two beds. Now, another room housing other members of our choir had three beds, and it was poolside. Do you understand what I'm saying? Poolside, fools. We knew we had to take their room, so we hatched a scheme no one would think of: complain to the adults. It worked. We kicked them out of the their room and we were in business. Which is funny because Tony, a member of my room, was doing his business in our old room, which we were later informed that it was the "biggest crap [he] had ever taken." In the confusion and madness of switching rooms, he was unable to get it down the toilet, even after flushing, and it was decided to leave it. Five minutes later, Chris, who was forced into the room with the crap, came back. "You had to take our room," he said. "Did you have to take the shit?" I know it may not seem like it now, but it was the funniest thing I had ever heard. All of us laughed five minutes straight until we were crying. Sorry to bore you, but it was hilarious. Almost as hilarious as the old Korean woman yelling at us to get out of the pool. "You see sign?! It say close 10PM! People trying to sleep! Out! Out!" Hahah, you can just imagine her. Anyway, it was a fun trip and we got fourth in the competition. Tell if this makes any sense. In the Pius library there is a computer, you may have noticed it, namely PC 12, that likes to freak out and make an extremely irritating noise, one that sounds like a squirrel is trapped in its disk drive. Now when is concentrating on hard work, such as homestarrunner.com, this is extremely annoying. So, being the go-getter I am, I made sure the coast was clear and walked over and pressed the power button. It took time to shut down and finally the computer was off. With this information, one can logically conclude that the squirrel died. No more noise. Now you might say, this makes perfect sense, Matt. But then explain this: approximately four to five minutes later, a girl, probably a freshman or sophomore walks into the computer lab. Before I continue, let me give you some background specs on the room. There are twelve computers, all of which constantly remain on. You can just sit down and get to work on any of them. So please explain why this girl would sit at the only computer in the room that is not turned on, and wait for it to start up. What? Are you serious? She's going to wait for this prehistoric machine to take 10 minutes to turn on? I came to the only logical conclusion anyone could think of: this girl loves squirrels. So I once again must cut my writing short, but you'll be back. Or... I'll be back. Either way, Elton John is still gay. -Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris, Joey, Josh, and I are all very pissed that you took OUR poolside room!!! But I do enjoy this post as much as the rest. Keep up the good work!